So once I know if I have bread I will post my Game Plan for this week. For now, I'll share some pictures from our Easter festivities. We had dinner with family. I was planning on bringing broccoli salad, but on Saturday I found the cutest pasta on sale at World Market. Bunnies and eggs. I couldn't resist. There are a million variations on Pasta Salad, but here's what I threw together for Easter dinner.
Here's my recipe:
1 box of pasta cooked according to directions
1 pint of grape tomatoes halved
1 yellow pepper diced
1 small head of red leaf lettuce chopped
1 can of black olives sliced
1-5oz package of shredded parmesean and romano
1 cup of homemade zesty Italian (recipe to follow)
Cook pasta according to box. Rinse with cold water until cooled. Drain well. Mix all ingredients together.
Recipe makes 16 oz.
1 cup red wine or balsamic vinegar
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbs of water
1/2 tbs garlic powder
1/2 tbs onion powder
1/2 tbs of honey
1 tbs of oregano
1/2 tsp of black pepper
1/4 tsp of dried thyme
1/2 tsp of dried basil
1 tbs of sea salt
Mix all ingredients in a mason jar. Shake, and allow to set for 2 hours or more. It gets better overnight.
For dessert I made some "Bird Nests With Eggs." This is as "real" as I can get this recipe. The cute factor outweighs the ingredients in the Chinese noodles.
Ingredients
1 jar of natural peanut butter
1 bag of dark chocolate chips
1 bag of Chinese noodles
Pastel M&M's or egg shaped candy
Melt peanut butter and chocolate chips in a double boiler or a homemade one (shown below). Stir in Chinese noodles until covered. Scoop onto waxed paper, press in candies to center. Allow to cool, use the freezer if you are in a hurry. Enjoy!!
Love and Butter,
Mishelle
Hi Mishelle,
ReplyDeleteYour Pasta dish looks awesome, I just love the combination of flavor in the recipe. Those little bird nest would be a perfect treat for me. Hope you are having a great spring week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen