Our favorite foods include sausage balls, bacon wrapped dates, spinach cups, and Chick-fil-a style chicken nuggets....not to mention gingerbread cookies and egg nog. Here is our season in food.
Gingerbread recipe (without the black pepper and with 1/2 sprouted flour, 1/2 unbleached flour). This was the perfect amount sweet. I love the Smitten Kitchen. It isn't a traditional foods website, but I edit her recipes to be traditional, I love them because they are never too sweet.
Always just right, and her photography is inspiring!
We used this icing recipe, which I have to say is my new favorite by far!
Too simple to call a recipe. Shove a raw almond in a date, wrap with bacon. Bake at 400. YUM!
My husband made these, and I don't think he followed a recipe. But it is probably similar to this.
Soak Chicken for 1-2 hours in kefir.
Mix 2 cups of flour, 1 tbsp. sugar, 1 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp. paprika, 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
Coat chicken well, remove excess. Fry in about 1/4 inch of fat.
Of course, we fried them in Palm oil, lard would have been my first choice, but I used the rest of my lard in the "Bisquick" mix for my sausage balls.
My favorite! Sausage balls!! I followed this recipe, but used 1.5 lbs of sausage, because just 1 seemed too dry. I also used my own "Bisquick" Mix so there was no trans fats!!
And to wash it all down? EGG NOG...yes in all caps, because homemade nog is AAH-mazing!! You CAN NOT improve on this recipe!!
We make it every year with fresh milk and eggs from our farmer. I've never been a fan of egg nog because I hated the way it felt in my throat, but raw is totally different!
Christmas Blessings to you and yours.
Love and Butter,
Mishelle
No comments:
Post a Comment